What is an affiliate marketing program?
Affiliate Marketing ins and outs or guidelines need to know as an affiliate. The affiliate marketing program is an arrangement between the merchant and the publisher. Here publisher getting commission from
the merchant for referring each product or service sales as % promised.
For example, you want to join with a blue host affiliate program for getting a commission rate of $65 per new hosting account. You sign up and got approval for an affiliate link to promote blue host web hosting to your desired audience. You have to publish quality and great content written on blue host web hosting. If any traffic purchases web hosting through your approved affiliate link during reading quality content, you will get a commission as mention above. Here, the blue host is the merchant, the publisher is the affiliate and the purchaser is a consumer. That’s the affiliate marketing program.
How does affiliate marketing program works?
Affiliate marketing program work as follows-
- A visitor to your blog read an article on your website
- The visitor then click on your affiliate link which redirects the visitor to the merchant`s website
- On the merchant website visitor then purchase product or service or perform event
- All sales are automatically tracked via your affiliate link code
- The affiliates get a commission for that specific product or service sales or perform event
- That`s the way, affiliate marketing program works
Terminology or Glossary terms of affiliate marketing program
For better understanding about affiliate marketing, you must know the following terminology or glossary terms-
- Merchant-Product, Service or Information seller
- Product-Selling items that sold by merchants and promoted by affiliates.
- An affiliates-Third party who promotes the product, service, or information. Affiliates are also known as Publisher, Influencer, Associates, or Partner
- Super Affiliates-The highest performing affiliates.
- Affiliate Link-The unique URL that automatically tracking all clicks and conversions from the affiliate.
- Conversion- An event that defined by the merchant which is deemed for payable to the affiliate
- Affiliate Network- An optional middle man between the merchant and the affiliate that facilitate the commerce
- Affiliate Manager-The person who works with affiliates to maximize the performance of the affiliates program
- Affiliate Program- An arrangement in which the merchant pays a commission to an affiliate
- Offer- A Specific promotion of a product
- Click-Through Rate (CTR)-The percentage of click per 100-page impression
- Conversion Rate (CR)- The percentage of click that converted
- Cost Per Action (CPA)- A commission model in which merchant pay to affiliate for conversions only
- Cost Per Click (CPC)- A commission model in which merchant pay to affiliate for clicks only
- Pixel- A hidden image that tracks when web page view during an event occurs. In the context of affiliate marketing, a pixel that tracks when a conversion occurs instead of an image, nowadays.
- Creative- The ad banner of image or text that helps to promote merchant product
- Copy-The written text that helps to promote merchant product
- Co-branding-An instance in which the affiliate`s logo, copy, or branding appears on the merchant`s landing page.
- Landing Page- The merchant webpage that refers to the traffic by the affiliate via affiliate link
- Attribution- The process of identifying correctly, which affiliates generating conversion
- Commission- The income-generating by the affiliates through conversion. It is also known as a referral fee, a finder`s fee, or a bounty.
- Charge back-The invalid conversion that makes a negative impact on the affiliates commissions
- Cookies– The information stored on a prospect web browser to identify that particular visit. In the context of affiliate marketing, cookies are used to track affiliate link clicks and potential conversions.
What is selling through an affiliate marketing program? Please, read this affiliate Marketing ins and outs guide.
There are three affiliate product selling through affiliate marketing program-
- Physical Product like bag, shoes, etc
- Information product like Digital courses
- Service product like various software
Ask yourself before promoting any affiliate product
- Are you consuming this product?
- Will be helpful for my readers?
- Is buying process easy?
- Is there healthy affiliate commission?
If all answer coming yes, then you can start promoting for that specific affiliate product
How much money you can earn through affiliate marketing program?
It’s a hard answer! Actually it depends on, someone nil, on the other hand someone huge. There was a poll published on STM Forum asking “how much money do you earn in a year?” the result shows as bellows-
- 18% of affiliate marketers earn $20,000 or less
- 13% of affiliate marketers earn $81,000 to $120,000
- 12% of affiliate marketers earn $121,000 to $200,000
- 11% of affiliate marketers earn $1M to $2M
What are the requirements for affiliate marketers or affiliates?
Affiliate marketers or affiliates need vast knowledge about digital marketing, content writing, website design, graphics design, and many more. This affiliate Marketing ins and outs guide will help you. But minimum requirements listed as follows-
- Basic computer knowledge
- Internet connection
- Decide platform
- Choose niche
- Select affiliate program to join
- Select affiliate product for promoting
- Create great and quality content
- Drive traffic to your affiliate site or merchant website
- Get click on your affiliate link
- Convert click to sales
How can you start an affiliate marketing program?
By the following 6 steps, you can start affiliate marketing program-
- Pick your niche
- Start a blog
- Create content
- Build your audience
- Sign up for affiliate programs
- Get commission
What is the best blogger niche for affiliate marketing?
Here are a little bit of best blogger niche for affiliate marketing-
- Tech niche
- Health niche
- Digital or Internet marketing niche
- Love & Relationship niche
- Personal finance and investment niche
- The pet care niche
- Movie and music niche
- Fashion and beauty niche
- And many more
What is the best product for affiliate marketing?
Affiliates should promote that product on which he has knowledge and skills. So, audience know him, like him and trust him. Here are some best affiliate product listed below-
- Virtual reality
- 3D Printers
- Phone accessories
- Portable LED Projectors
- Home automation
- Security and surveillance systems
- And many more
How can you get payment for affiliate program?
There are two way that provide you affiliate program payment-
- Affiliate Network
- In-house affiliate program
What types of affiliate marketing channels are there?
There are several affiliates marketing channel available. Some of those are short listed here.
Blogging is the most popular affiliate marketing channel. It is full of content that brings a solid audience and helping to earn passive income via affiliate link Please, follows this affiliate Marketing ins and outs guide.
2. Email list
Email marketing is the direct platform to bring traffic to your website. By the quality content you can promote affiliate link to the desired audience that help to generate solid income
3. Coupon sites
Customer is always looking the best deal. That’s why internet is full of coupon website. The publisher can promote affiliate link through these quality content that make money
The influencer is known, like or trusted by the audience. That’s way influencer can build a influencer channel and promote affiliate link
5. Review sites
Review sites are another great channel to promote affiliate links. Here consumers want to learn about products before purchasing.
Which are the best affiliate marketing programs?
The best affiliate marketing programs are-
- Blue host affiliate
- Envato Theme forest
- Amazon Associates
- Leadpage partner program
- eBay partners program
- Shopify affiliate program
- Share A Sale
- WP ERP affiliate program
- Dianahost affiliate program
- Fiverr affiliate program
- Udemy affiliate program
How much time need to success in affiliate marketing?
Generally, 6 months to several years need to success in affiliate marketing. More precise timing and your overall success depends on your ability to create quality content, optimize for SEO, drive traffic and promote your affiliate product etc.
How to build a successful marketing strategy by following this affiliate Marketing ins and outs guide?
The following seven steps will help you to build up a successful marketing strategy-
Step one: Start small
You can join with affiliate marketing program as much as you want. But, the smaller, the better. Join with small affiliate marketing program and focus on the best product which one loved your audience.
Step two: Build your brand
To be able to income as much as you want, you have to build your own brand. You have to establish your recognitions and trustworthiness to your audience. So, your audience will feel safe to click on your ad link which may generate your desired income.
Step three: Create quality content
Quality content is a great asset for your website that may hold your audience. It is a huge chance to expose your affiliate link and click on ads to your audience that may generate desired revenue.
Step four: Don’t forget mobile visitors
Future world is for internet and mobile device. Your site should be mobile user friendly. So, your reader can read your quality content by using mobile device. According to CNBC research three-fourth internet users of the world will be access into internet through mobile device by 2025.
Step five: Learn to read your websites data
Data analysis is a best friend of any affiliate marketers. You can use Google analytics to analyze your data and get information, which content making big income, where need to put your ad link, who visit your page etc.
Step six: Don’t rely on single source of income
You should join more than one affiliate marketing program that will be easy to control and monitor for you. You have to analyze which affiliate link generating more ROI and which one need to improvement.
Step seven: Use email marketing to get ahead
Email marketing can be the best way to promote merchant products like websites. You can promote affiliate links through email marketing by using various email marketing tools like Mailchimp or benchmark email etc.
How to reach to your audience for affiliate marketing program?
There are several ways to reach your audience for affiliate marketing program. Such as-
Now a day’s peoples can`t imagine their life without social media. It is a strong platform to reach to the desired audience. There are several social media. Such as-
- Face book
There are many multimedia platforms available to reach to the audience. Such as
- Amazon kindle direct
3. The side door
Sometimes gets result directly and sometimes not getting directly. So, need to go through side door. Such as-
- Guest posting
- Blog comments
- Email list
- Social contests
- Off-site profiles
A Community is a group of likeminded people having ongoing discussions. There are several discussion platforms. Such as-
- Industry forums
- LinkedIn groups
5. Passive presence
By the following way, you may ensure your passive presence to drive the traffic to your website.
- Email Signatures
- Business Cards
- Organic SEO
6. Build a community
By building your own community, you can drive traffic to your websites.
- Your own forum
- Your blog community
- Gamified user participation
- User referrals
What are the pros and cons of affiliate marketing?
Pros of affiliate marketing–
- Affiliate marketing is free and easy to join
- No restrictions to join with multiple affiliate program for multiple income sources
- All marketing tools and a link provided by the merchant
- No any hassles for handling order, shipment, inventory, or deal with customers
- No financial risk for losing
Cons of affiliate marketing-
- High level of competition due to its profit margin
- Depending on the merchant’s decision, sometimes suddenly they close their business or affiliate program.
How to identify the best affiliate network to join or promote?
The best affiliate marketing program fulfill the following criteria-
- Meet legitimacy
- High demandable niche
- High commission rate
- Payment method available in your country
- No country restriction to join
How to success as an affiliate marketer?
You can succeed as an affiliate marketer by the following tips-
- Choose the right product
- Get online Like and share
- Be 100% honest during promoting a product
- Communicate with your audience
The affiliate marketing program is the easiest, home-based online business without any doubt. Now, it’s up to you. Why it is suitable for you or why not?