There are two part of the word KAIZEN. One part is KAI meaning in English is Change and other part is ZEN meaning in English is good. The origin of this word is Japan. It’s simple meaning “Change for the better” or “Continuous Improvement”. This is the Japanese’s business philosophy regarding the process that continuously improve operations and engage all process related employees. The ultimate goal of it is to increase productivity in a way of gradual and methodical process.
What are the 5 elements of KAIZEN?
5 Elements are-
What are the 4 most important rule of it to bottom up improvement?
The 4 most important rule of KAIZEN are-
- Defects: Don’t pass defective items to the next process.
- Excessive processing: Don’t do excessive processing. Do only what you need.
- Overproduction: Don’t do overproduction. Do only required items.
- Waiting: Don’t keep inactive person in the production line.
What are the three pillar of KAIZEN?
The three pillars are-
- Eliminate waste
Who should participate?
The following personnel should involve in KAIZEN–
- Top management
- Senior Leaders
- Departmental leaders
- Team members
- Human Resources superior
- its minutes note writer
How to implement the kaizen philosophy in your workplace?
The following steps can take to implement KAIZEN philosophy–
- Embrace the incremental change
- Seek feedback
- Focus on improving process
- Eliminate waste
- Work as a team to solve the problem.
What is the best practice of KAIZEN?
Best practices of KAIZEN are-
- Set your goal
- Focus on the process, not on the goal
- Engage related employee to develop the process
- Go after the low hanging fruit
- Do it better, make it better
- Eliminate all kinds of waste
- Think before you invest
- Perform GEMBA
- Hoshin Kanri or policy deployment
What are the 10 principle of KAIZEN to grow your business?
10 Principle to grow your business are-
- Welcome new ideas and discard conventional or fixed ones
- Think how to do it, not why it cannot be done
- Don’t make excuse, seek the alternate way to solve the problem
- Correct it right away, if you make any mistake
- Don’t seek perfection, just do it right away and perfection will come to you soon
- Prefer knowledge than spend money to implement it
- Knowledge will be your friend during hardship
- Ask “why” five times to find out the root cause of any problem
- Seek 10 peoples wisdom rather than a single one
- its ideas are never ending process
What are the 7 steps of KAIZEN cycle for continuous improvement?
7 Steps of KAIZEN cycle are-
- Get employees involvement
- Gather a list of problems
- Encourage for giving ideas of solution and select the best one
- Trial and Error the solution
- Regularly measure and analyze the result
- If successful, adopt the solution
- Repeat & Make it habit
What are the business benefits of it?
- Improve quality through eliminating defects
- Reducing waste
- Simplifying work processes
- Improve safety
- Increase employee satisfaction
- Customer satisfaction increase
- Increase productivity and efficiency
- Retention rate of employee and customer increase
- Develop team work practice
- Improve leadership and ownership
One Comment to “What is KAIZEN?”
What’s up mates, its wonderful piece of writing concerning cultureand entirely defined, keep it up all